This blog feels naked, empty, a tabula rasa, of sorts. My AP Psych blog is though, too... even taking both into account, I don't think it's possible to get a truly good idea of my character. That can be found through interactions with me, as I am generally the same all around, although I fill different roles. At school, I'm the inquisitive student, and yet, I'm still Joey. With some of my friends, I'm a listener. For others, I'm a talker, an advice-giver. For mostly everyone, I am a bit of a humorist. But I am always Joey. The only time there's really role conflict is when I'm unsure how to approach a situation, if that makes sense.
My humor is perverted, is weird, is strange, but it makes people laugh. Whether they do it because they think it's genuinely hilarious or because they feel awkward and that awkward moments need awkward laughs to make it more awkward, I live for the laugh, sometimes. But I usually don't think about what I say for the reason that the thoughts that roll out of my head can be rather strange - just ask anyone in my Ancient Civilizations class last term about purple pudding. There is a filter that filters out things not appropriate for the situation, though.
I don't want to pass through this world and fade away from the memory of our world. I realize and feel that no one truly makes an impact - after all, we're less than a speck of a speck in a giant sea of sand, and that's how important we truly are. But I want to be remembered. Not as a celebrity, just someone that made a difference in someone's life. Or someones' lives, which is even better. I just want to be important, even if it's only to a single person. The more, the better, possibly.
This is precisely why I like learning about sociology and, especially, psychology. Maybe. I'm probably going to become a liscensed psychologist, provided I don't implode, explode, deplode, or replode before that time comes.
It's really hard to achieve goals when seeing with 3-D glasses - red and blue at the same time. I can see and argue for both sides of almost anything, which some could say is a gift or an important aspect (which Dubs would probably argue, actually). But these glasses also make me see in simultaneous optimistic and pessimistic ways. These conflict, maybe as roles, possibly as ideas, definitely as feelings. It creates a lethargy of undecisiveness that keeps me from doing what I want to do.
I'm writing this pile of nonsense when I really should have gone to bed an hour ago.
Post a blog, it's therapeutic; go to bed, no one cares.
Exercise, keep yourself healthy; no one cares about your self-image, you're going to die eventually anyway.
Work on your art so you can improve; no one gives a shit about your shitty, shitty art, you're a pile of shit... and it doesn't matter in the end.
Work towards your dreams, to success; don't bother, you'll fail.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You no doubtedly know me Mr. Flaig! I would argue that it is a gift (and a duty) to know all sides of any argument...but if the opposition finds its way in front of your dreams...look the other way! It's great to be a realist, but it's not okay to be a constant pessimist (I'm not implying that applies to you). So Joey, work towards your dreams...you'll succeed. Your knowledge, perspective and humor are incredibly refreshing - go, explore, grow, create, but most of all ENJOY. (P.S. - if you want shitty art...ask me to draw a picture)
ReplyDelete